Sunday, June 24, 2012

Woof! Woof!   We love our new home.
We even saw a fox in our garden.   He was trying to steal our chewy bones! They were outside because dad thinks they smell bad....He doesn't know a good thing!




Well, as you can see ALL the boys in the Rotermund family made it safe and sound to Belgium.  


I felt super-organized this whole week and had 3 checklists going at the same time.  How can people accomplish things without checklists!!   Mark and I left on Saturday, June 23.  Or should I be very European and say 23 June.  Great flight out of Logan to Heathrow overnight.   Then a short 50 minute flight to Brussels.   A little bumpy at the beginning.  For those of you who aren't fans of flying...you know what I'm talking about.   Those who are seasoned travelers...then you wouldn't have even noticed.  You probably would have just slept through it and made me feel like a total idiot.  A good flight in general.  Off to baggage claim for 6 bags and then met Randy and Brian.  Got my last view of a Starbucks for a long time.   The only Starbucks in Belgium is at the airport and at Central Train station.  Can you spell f-r-a-n-c-h-i-s-e??!! 


Even with the pouring rain is was great to finally have the family together under one roof.  We unpacked bags, watched the F1 race from Spain and had Randy's homemade Chicken Fajitas for dinner.  Brian and I took the dogs out for a nice long walk.  There is a pub at one corner and they were playing some interesting music.  Kinda bluesy, jazzy stuff.  Small crowd but might be a good idea to check out.  


Will be picking up my car tomorrow and heading off for my first solo food shopping trip.  Wish me luck.  


POSTING COMMENTS:     Click the comment section; write your comment; click in the "comment as:" section "Name/URL";  Write your name but skip the URL part; click "submit" and you are done.      Would love to hear from you and let me know if you have any questions.


ALSO, I think if you click on the "Subscribe by email" you will get a notice when I post sent to your email.   If you do that, let me know if it works.  







1 comment:

  1. They look so calm and relaxed already in their new home. I DO have to agree with Randy on the smell of those bones, though. Shopping should be fun. Hope you get some nice sunny weather.

    ReplyDelete