Tuesday, June 26, 2012


Hi everyone!   I survived my first full day in Belgium.  Randy and I picked up my new car.  It might not be the cute little Mini-Cooper I dreamed of driving around in but it gets me from place to place.   It's a 2008 Saab 9.3.   Thank goodness we found an automatic - I wouldn't want to have to be thinking about changing gears AND try to remember where the heck I'm going AND making sure I'm going the correct KPM and navigating the MANY traffic circles!  Plus I'm terrible with the hills and a manual transmission and there are a lot of hills here.   So anyway - here is a photo of my wheels.  






After picking up the car I went to the supermarket and tried my hand at food shopping.   The store is really big...like a Walmart Superstore.  But unfortunately, not as cheap!   The nicest thing is the super-fresh bread.    


The time change has been okay.  Seems to be affecting Mark.  He slept till 12 noon, woke up and then went back to sleep for at least another hour.  The daylight hours are longer.   Below is a photo I took at 9:30 p.m.  The sky finally got dark around 10:15!  Pretty strange.   






Off in the morning to the Town Hall to get our ID cards.  That's all for now.  

1 comment:

  1. Keep the posts coming - love reading the daily routine stuff!

    ReplyDelete